Bears 2 Bears
Welcome to Bears 2 Bears! Please log in or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bears 2 Bears
Welcome to Bears 2 Bears! Please log in or register!
Bears 2 Bears
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caring fur your old,dirty,matted and out-of-shape build-a-bear

Go down

Caring fur your old,dirty,matted and out-of-shape build-a-bear Empty Caring fur your old,dirty,matted and out-of-shape build-a-bear

Post by devjes13 Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:29 pm

i have researched on how to wash, spot clean, and fix fur on your furry friend.
To wash your furry friend:(machine wash and dryer)
*put your furry friend in a pillowcase and tie it at the top or put a rubber band on the top(zipper pillowcases work too!)
*put it in the washer and set it on delicate and cold water and put a mild laundry detergent in.
*when done washing take it out of the pillowcase and put both (the teddy and pillowcase) in and set it on delicate and warm
*let it air dry if not all the way dry

To spot clean your furry friend:
*take a wash cloth or dish dish rag and dampen one of the corners and pour a small amount of baby shampoo or mild soap on the corner
*scrub gently over dirty spot until dirt is no longer visible
*take another corner and wet it and clean all soap off of the spot
*let the bear air dry (you can use a fan or hair dryer to dry it but not too close)

To fix matted fur:(THE TYPE OF FUR THAT LOOKS LIKE HAIR!!!)
*at most craft stores they sell a special wire toothed comb in the doll section and you can use that.
OR
*i found that if you take a small screwdriver, needle, or the tip of a Swiss army knife and rub it gently over the fur the matted parts will soon go back to normal

IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS THAT WAS NOT MENTIONED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!! THX
panda pooh sleeping
devjes13
devjes13

Back to top Go down